Thursday, June 10, 2010

are we ready?

so i may not have to tell any of you this but i have not put the first thing in a bag. maybe mason is right. don't tell him i said that. hmmm. well, there is an explanation for this but i won't bore you with those details. however, the clothes have been sprayed and they are dry and they are folded. ready to go. everything is out but just not put anywhere. abigail was asked to go to the cma fest a while back and she is so excited. she loves lady antebellum and they perform tonight. i had to let her go. she helped do things around here today so we are good. emily worked until 5 but is with me now. we are like the blind leading the blind at this very point. scurrying around doing lots but doing nothing. it's ok. this is how i work. mason is in smyrna with caroline. she had a double header tonight after 3 games with BA today. they are going to stop by wal mart to see if they have a converter. we cannot find one anywhere. i have gone through this day just not thinking too much about the flights. i'm just going to show up at 2 tomorrow afternoon at the nashville airport and do what the others do. if they get on the plane, so will i. emily sent me a message today...

"I see their faces, look in their innocent eyes
They're just children from the outside
I'm working hard, I tell myself they'll be fine
They're in independent
But on the inside, I can hear them saying...

Lead me with strong hands
Stand up when I can't
Don't leave me hungry for love
Chasing dreams, but what about us?"

i love hearing my child lead me through stress with sweet words. these are words from a song called "lead me" by sanctus real. when i think of those words it helps me to focus on our cause at hand. that cause is the kids we will be ministering to...the ones we will soon meet. by the way, did you know the average age in uganda is 15? this is mainly due to malaria. malaria is the leading killer in uganda now, it has overtaken aids. sweet sleep is going to be providing these kids with beds as well as mosquito netting. what a blessing! they are currently sleeping on the ground on filthy, urine soaked mattresses. you know how you love to curl up in your bed? a safe haven from the world. your own piece of comfort. these kids don't know that comfort. a verse that has been speaking to me lately is "Be shepherds of God's flock that is under your care." I Peter 5:2 we are honored to be going and taking care of God's flock. He is entrusting us to be worthy disciples. wow. that is huge. just typing that gives me that funny feeling inside. i am now focused so i am going to finish up our packing so i can get to bed at a decent hour. however, if caitlin gets home soon enough, i will be having coffee with her on the back porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment